Thursday, December 20, 2007

Deer Valley

In the last year Mark has started doing the Health and Fitness portion of the "Leadership Training Week" for Franklin Covey. It takes place about every month or so at different resorts here in Utah (i.e. Homestead, Sundance). But just recently they changed the location to The Lodges up at Deer Valley Resort. With the new changes Mark needed to be there 2 days so rather than drive up and back they graciously put us up in an AMAZING room-- all expenses paid! Wow!!!!
The room was not just a room, but consisted of a master bedroom and bath, another bathroom off the hallway a full blown kitchen with all the amenities a bar and dinner table, a nice living room with a fireplace and a large deck extending from the bedroom and living room. When we walked in we were stunned, to say the very least. It was beautiful and far beyond anything we would have stayed in on our own.

Also, one day my parents and brother Pierson came up and dad, Pierson and I skied (I love Deer Valley, it's the only place I like to ski anymore because local passes are such a great deal and the lifts are NEVER busy), while my mom graciously watch baby Meg. I haven't had the opportunity to ski in a few years and it was so fun, even though the snow wasn't that great being so early in the season. When you ski at Deer Valley it's the whole experience that's great, now just the slopes.

We had a wonderful time! Thank you Mark and Mom for making this all possible-- oh yeah and thanks Covey!





2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun Stef. I'm dying to go skiing--Matt has never been and I want to take him so bad! So each year we keep planning on going, but I either am pregnant or have a young nursing baby that I can't slip away from! But next year it's going to happen! By the way--Megan is definately her daddy's girl--she is looking so much like him! She is so adorable.

Lyssa Beth said...

That's a pretty awesome set up! And I just have to say, that I LOVE your hair! I haven't visited your blog in a while since things have been crazy but You look so beautiful with that style! Anyways, hope you're having a great New Years!