Wednesday, February 6, 2008

President Hinckley



I know this is old news to many of you avid Basil Family readers (ha, ha). But just as a journal entry of sorts for myself I just want to express a few of my feelings.
He truly was the President of my youth. Since his passing I've had so many different emotions, but mostly I'm so happy for him and that he was able to return to be with is wife and so many others who have been waiting for him on the other side. Also, when I heard on the radio that he was having a 2 day viewing I so wanted to go. It almost felt like I had to go because I feel so close to that man. Although I've never me him, or any of his family, or shaken his hand, I still feel like he is very dear to me. He almost seems as much a part of me as my own grandfather. My cousins and I have often commented on how much the two of them are similar to us in our minds. They even look somewhat the same. I am so grateful for him and his positive outlook on life. He and his wife have been marvelous examples to me and I feel so blessed to be a part of this church and to have a knowledge of this gospel. It brings a great light and peace to my life that cannot be found anywhere else. I'll miss you President Hinckley, your example in life meant more to me than you'll ever know.

No comments: