Saturday, September 29, 2007

Inspiration

Like many women in the world I am at that time in life where I'm trying to loose the baby weight. Who knew it could be so vicious. I have seen many of you shortly after you had had baby's and you all looked fabulous; most of you where even able to wear their pre-baby clothes very shortly after birth. Because of that fact, I've been rather hesitant to write anything about my weight and ex cerise goals. At times I've been absolutely mortified to see many of you, not because I don't like you, or because you make me feel this way, but because my weight is a little embarrassing to me. Stupid, I know.

Now, let me clarify, I understand I'm not like 200 lbs or anything, but certainly bigger than many of you, and it botherd me. So as I've started off on my weight loss journey I've not written anything about it because I was way embarrassed. First, though, I have to thank Lyssa for inspiring me to actually write this down and put it out there to see. But I think it will help in my motivation.

But just as a general update on my weight loss. On June 23 (3 weeks after baby), I was 143. Today, September 29 (17 weeks out, 15 weeks later), I'm 130. That's a little less that a lb a week, but most of that has come in the last month or so since I've really gotten a hold of my nutrition. I still have a ways to go, but yeah for me. 13 lbs down, and I'm feeling awesome and mostly really proud of myself! Thanks Mark (my personal trainer husband) for all of your help and support. You're the one that's made this possible.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome Stef! Way to go. I always think back to all the runs we did in high school and miss them so BAD! I wish I could find a running partner as fun as you! Do you still run pretty consistently? I've been dying to, now that the weather has cooled down, but anytime I do, I start having contractions, so that's not good :) I guess it will have to wait.

Roundy Family said...

Hey Stefanie, it's Janette! Our babies are really close. I know exactly how you feel. I haven't been able to lose much since about a month after I had my little girl. People keep telling me to wait until I stop nursing and it will come right off but I can't wait that long. Maybe one day! Your baby is super cute. Maybe one day when I am down in Utah County we should get together.
Janette Walker (Roundy)

Lyssa Beth said...

Stefanie
It's so great to know that my goal in losing weight motivates and inspires others! Melissa Wood told me about your post and I had to read it! I know exactly how you feel about friends having kids and go back to there pre-baby body or even smaller! I just go crazy inside cause I get so jealous!! (But you look really great for just having a kid) But we're tough! WE can do this! I hope all is well! Your little girl is so adorable! Congrats on the new little one!
Lyssa (terry) Zimmerman

The Gowdy Family said...

Congratulations Stef! It's such a battle after having a baby! My body holds onto about 8-10 pounds until I'm done nursing, and that's kind of frustrating for me. I heard someone say once that it takes 9 months to gain it, and 9 months to lose it--that's so true (for normal people). That's great that you've come so far so quickly!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Way to go Stef! It's hard for everyone to those those baby pounds. I don't think you look bad AT ALL for just having a baby. I'd say you seem to be losing it at a pretty healthy rate. It's hard because you know you have to eat enough so you can nurse and stay healthy, but you also want to shed to pounds; but it sounds like you are doing get. Don't get discouraged!