Monday, July 9, 2007

Our New Little Girl!







Megan Nicole Basil-- born June 2, 2007
I started having contractions about 10 minutes apart Wednesday morning and things finally started to pick up Friday around noon. We stayed home until about 9pm and then went to the hospital and labored there until about 7am and then pushed from then until noon. They gave me pitocin at the end to kick start my contraction (they hadn't been very strong previously, that's why I'd been in labor for so long) and finally pulled her out with a vacuum at the end! All this without an epidural! I don't know if I'll do it that way again, but all in all it was worth the work to get this sweet little girl!


She was 7 lbs. 2 oz. and looks just like her daddy! Their baby pictures are identical!


We're so happy to have this sweet little girl in our family!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

she is so cute! Hard to believe all my friends are having babies!